Thursday, September 6, 2007

Busy Times

I am closing on a house tomorrow, and while I am excited about the denouement to a 19 month ordeal, I am a little pissed it happened in the second week of dove season. The house is going to require a lot of work over the next couple of months and that is going to interfere with my freedom to hunt as often as I would like. This is, as I stated in an earlier post, a by-product of modernity and maturity. I will not, however, let this keep me from heading out into the field. My hunting career has so far survived employment, relationships, and marriage. Home ownership only represents the latest challenge. This too will pass; to be followed no doubt by more challenges. But I resolve to always find the time to go out into the field as much as I can. Because if I deny that, I will lose my nexus into a piece of the human experience that I know of no other way to reach. The righteous experience. The true hunter knows of what I speak.

Rooster

No comments: